I believe that the greatest purpose that you and I were created for is to glorify, to praise, to honor our God. I believe the earliest of our kind (adam and eve) were created to praise God. My definition of praise is pleasing God. Worship pleases God. So if you ask me how do we worship? I would ask you, What pleases God?
What does God want? What would please our God? A song - maybe. Singing his praises before the world would please him without a doubt. Feeding the hungry - certainly taking care of someone who can't take care of themselves would please God. Do you think it would please him if he saw you reading a bible with a desire to know God and his ways more fully? How about inviting a neighbor to church? All of these are things that bring pleasure to God and all are ways that we honor God.
So how have you honored him this week. That is the BIG question? How have you brought pleasure to God in the context of your life? Have you sang his praise to someone? Have you clothed the naked? Have you comforted someone who really felt alone, or scared, or afraid? What have you done to bring glory, honor, or praise to God in the past week?
Here is my request: if you can think of even one thing that you did for the glory of God this week comment back to this blog and share with all of us who can view this so we can celebrate with you our God and how great He is.
I can't wait to hear your praise for our God. I will send my praise report out tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment